Disclosure: We received complimentary tickets to the Crayola Experience to facilitate this review. All opinions are our own. Thank you!
When you & your children discover the magic of color at the Crayola crayon factory, you’ll want to keep coming back again and again. Each Crayola attraction throughout the factory allows kids to get creative with their favorite Crayola products like watercolors, crayons (of course!), and Model Magic. Finally, a place you can take the kids where they can TOUCH EVERYTHING.
Here are some tips for making your experience a day to remember!
- Wear comfortable shoes. The Crayola Experience is spread out over four floors, so you’ll definitely want to wear comfortable shoes. There are several staircases in addition to an oversized elevator for moving from floor to floor.
- Lockers & Coat check: There’s no need to carry your coat around all day. On the ground floor, you’ll find a coat check area, as well as lockers available for rent.
- Grab some lunch at Cafe Crayola. On the first floor, you’ll find a large dining space and a cafeteria style cafe. Children’s lunch choices are limited to a hot dog or PBJ, but some with a drink & your choice of fruit, chips, or a cookie. The pizza is good – two slices with a drink will set you back around $8. If you are taking a lot of kids, you may want to make other lunch arrangements.
- Bring a tote bag! When you enter the Crayola Experience, you’ll each receive a clear bag with a couple tokens for making your own crayon or purchasing Model Magic. The clear bag is great for all the projects you’ll accumulate throughout your day, but bringing along an extra tote will make your life much easier!
- Visit the Crayola Factory store. If you’re a superfan of Crayola products like we are, you’ll love all the options available in the store on the first floor. This “exit through the gift shop” won’t cost you an arm & a leg either. There are so many great deals and we were all happy (including my wallet) with the souvenirs we brought home.
- Host a Crayola Experience Birthday Party. This is a great place to host your child’s next birthday party. There are a couple private party areas and all party guests have access to all 28 hands-on activities.
- Don’t miss our favorite Crayola attractions:
- Rainbow Rain – This interactive virtual wax rain responds to your body movement.
- Wrap it Up – Make a custom crayon label & then wrap it in their small machine.
- Be a Star – Create a custom coloring sheet with YOU as the star.
- Color Playground – Get out some energy in the large climber on the 3rd floor.
- Melt & Mold – Make your own custom crayon. We made a ring & a racecar!
- Drip Art – Choose two crayon colors and watch them drip & spin into a beautiful masterpiece.